You can also view the video, "Establishing an initial handicap for your golfers."
Establishing an initial handicap can be done several ways. Some leagues...
- Transfer scores from last year's league to establish handicaps. (If you used League Manager in previous year(s)…League Manager can automatically roll over golfers' scores to establish initial handicaps. See How do I transfer golfers from one league to another for info).
- Play practice round(s) to establish the starting handicap.
- Require golfers to submit a history of scores to establish a handicap.
- Use the first event's score to handicap the first event. League Manager can be set up to calculate an "instantaneous" handicap.
- Start with no handicap and play until they have enough scores to establish a "good" handicap, then retroactively handicap the past events played.
- Start by typing in an estimated handicap.
Obviously the more scores League Manager sees for a golfer the better it can start handicapping the golfer. To enter "practice\initial" scores for a golfer, double-click the golfer and type his\her scores in the "Add Practice Score" box.
To setup "how" League Manager calculates handicaps (number of scores handicap based on, handicap percent figure, number of high/low scores to drop, etc…) pull down the Setup menu and select "Handicap Calculation Parameters". See Handicap Calculation Parameters for more info.