The League Manager only lets you assign courses on the team level. In other words it is assumed that everyone on the same team plays the same course on a given night, not half the team on one course with the other half of the team on another course.
There is no way you can set some players on a team to play one course and others to play another course in the same event. However, there are 2 'work arounds' for the problem....
If you have 8 teams in your league, change league rules so half of your teams play the front and half play the back. (4 teams play front and 4 teams play back)...all members from same team play same course on same night..everything is automatic. However this may be unacceptable...if so use option 2 below.
Use 2 "events" to represent each week of your league. For example:
Events 1 and 2 - Week 1
Events 3 and 4 - Week 2
Events 5 and 6 - Week 3
Furthermore the odd events (1,3,5,etc) will be set on the front course and the even events (2,4,6,etc) will be set on the back course.
That would mean...golfers that play the front in Week 1, will have scores posted in Event #1, and golfers that play the back in Week 1 will have scores posted to Event #2. Golfers that play the front in Week 2, will have scores posted in Event #3, and golfers that play the back in Week 2 will have scores posted to Event #4..etc...
To set your SCHEDULE to reflect the above follow the below steps:
1. Load your league. Pull down the SETUP menu and select AUTOMATIC SCHEDULING. The Schedule will appear.
2. Type in the "Events for the season" box twice the number of weeks your league plays. In other words if your league plays 15 weeks, type in 30 for "Events for the Season". Press ENTER and the schedule will show 30 events.
3. Click the [BUILD AUTOMATIC SCHEDULE] button. The "Automatic Course and Tee Assignment" form will appear.
4. On this form mark the option "Play one nine the entire season". Also highlight your FRONT course in the "COURSE 1 PLAYED" box. Also make sure the correct tees are set. Click OK to close the form
5. The "Start Teetime" form will appear. Fill in appropriate values and click OK.
6. The third column on the schedule is call "TYPE", you need to set events 1,3,5, etc to "Manual Pairing" events. To do this, double-click your mouse on Event 1's TYPE cell (it probable says Auto-Pair 1). The "Event Form" will appear. Mark the "Event Type" as "Manual Pairing" and click OK. Double-click your mouse on Event 3's TYPE cell. The "Event Form" will appear. Mark the "Event Type" as "Manual Pairing". Continue for events 5,7,9,etc. After doing this you will notice the team pairings are the same for events 1,2...events 3,4...event 5,6..etc.
7. Click the [BUILD AUTOMATIC SCHEDULE] button again. The "Automatic Course and Tee Assignment" form will appear. This time on the form, highlight your BACK course in the "COURSE 1 PLAYED" box. Click OK to close the form. Click OK to close the Teetime form.
8. Finally set the event dates correctly. Double-click the DATE for each event, and set correctly. The date for event 1,2 will be the same, 3,4 the same, etc.
9. The schedule is finished. You can click the CLOSE button.
10. To run your league the first week scores played on the front will be posted in event 1, and scores played on the back posted to event 2. Of course your second week of play scores played on the front will be posted in event 3, and scores played on the back posted to event 4..etc..