Restricting Strokes on Par 3's in Handicap Calculation Parameters
If you print a "net" skins report..LM simply applies the golfer's handicap.
For example if a golfer has a 5 handicap he gets 1 stroke on the first 5 handicap holes. If a golfer has a 12 handicap he would get 2 strokes on the first 3 handicap holes and 1 on the rest.
You do have the option to restrict strokes on par 3's. NOTE: If you have set up Handicap Calculation Parameters to restrict strokes on par 3's, this also applies to the net skins report. The three images below show how strokes are distributed when you restrict strokes in Handicap Calculation Parameters on par 3's to 0, 1 and 2 strokes.
Figure 1 - Allow no strokes on par 3's
Figure 2 - Allow 1 stroke on par 3's
Figure 3 - Allow 2 strokes on par 3's
Restricting Strokes on Par 3's in the Standard Report 5. Skins Individual report
When you set up the Individual Skins (5A) report, you can select whether it is a gross skins report or a net skins report. If you put the dot on "NET -apply handicaps," you can further select (see image below)...
- to allow or not players' handicap strokes on par 3 holes. If you do not check the box and therefore allow handicap strokes, the player will receive whatever strokes s/he has coming or as limited in Handicap Calculation Parameters Tab 3. "Other options."
- whether to allow or not carrying forward to par 4 and par 5 holes the strokes not allowed on par 3's (if you check "NO strokes on par 3s" in Individual Skins setup).
No Players/Few Players/Wrong Players in Report
If you have posted scorecards but still see no or only a few players on the skins report, you may not have selected the correct course or other "filter" to display skins for.
To correct this problem:
- Go to 'Reports' on your toolbar.
- Select the 'Skins Report'.
- The next form lets you customize whether it gross/net skins, how to sort the report and which players will be included on the report (see image above).
- Click the button "Select Players to include" (see above image)
- The "Report Filter" form will appear.
- Make sure the course for the option "Course Played Include ONLY players that played the below course" is set correctly, and other options too (see image below).