To begin, make sure you are on event #1 in your League Manager Desktop Software.
You will find the Point Calculation Parameters by clicking on Setup from the header menu.
STEP 1 - View Tab 2 Player Vs. Player:
Remove the default "1" points per hole. Set to zero (0).
- Make sure there are no other points awarded on Tab 2. Zero (0) out any additional points if shown.
- Notice the gray box at the bottom of the image; it should read zero (0) until you have entered all your points parameters.
Step 2 - Make sure there are no other points on tab 3.
Step 3 - Tab 4 Best Ball Competition
- For demonstration purposes, we are awarding 1 point per hole to the team with the best hole score (1 x 9-holes)= 9 points.
- In case of tie, points are divided in half.
Step 4 - Confirm there are no points loaded in Tab 5 or Tab 6.
Step 5 - View Tab 7 Other:
- Make sure your Type of Play radio button is set to play head to head.
- Click the Finish button to save your settings.
Step 6 - Setting the correct option in Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Make sure you are viewing event #1.
- From the Setup menu, click Handicap Calculation Parameters
- Click the OK check mark at the lower right corner of the Setup Wizard.
- On Tab 1, as shown in the image below make sure your radio button is set to B. One Player versus Many then click the Next button.
- Click the Next button again and click the Finished button to save this setting.
ADDENDUM: The Scorecard We play in teams and award points for Best Ball on each hole
- Note: The system selects the player with the lowest handicap and gives zero (0) handicap strokes (+'s). All other players' handicaps are adjusted down by subtracting the low handicap.
- James Wood receives zero (0) strokes, Tom receives (9-8=1) one stroke, John receives (11-8=3) three strokes, and James Miller
receives (10-8=2) two strokes.
- The system searches for the best net player score per team and compares to other team. The lowest net score wins the hole; ties divide the points evenly.
- In this example: Team 01 earned 3.5 points and Team 11 earned 5.5 points; therefore team 11 wins this event.