To begin, make sure you are on event #1 in your League Manager Desktop Software.
You will find the Point Calculation Parameters by clicking on Setup menu.
STEP 1 - View Tab 2 Player Vs. Player:
Remove the default "1" points per hole. Set to zero (0).
- Make sure there are no other points awarded on Tab 2. Zero (0) out any additional points; if shown.
- Notice the gray box at the bottom of the image; it should read zero (0) until you have entered all your point parameters.
Step 2 - Make sure there are no other points on tabs 3.
Step 3 - Tab 4 Best Ball Competition
- For demonstration purposes, we are awarding 1 point for net best ball total for the round.
- NOTE: with best ball the system picks the net best ball per hole per team and totals to arrive at the net best ball total for the round.
- In case of a tie, points are divided in half.
Step 4 - Confirm there are no points loaded in Tab 5 or Tab 6.
Step 5 - View Tab 7 Other:
- Make sure your Type of Play radio button is set to play head to head.
- Click the Finish button to save your settings.
Step 6 - Setting the correct option in Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Make sure you are viewing event #1.
- From the header menu, click on Setup then click Handicap Calculation Parameters
- Click the OK check mark at the lower right corner of the Setup Wizard to advance to tab 1 of the Wizard as seen below..
- On Tab 1, as shown in the image below, make sure your radio button is set to B. One Player versus Many then click the Next button.
- Click the Next button again and click the Finished button to save this setting.
ADDENDUM: The Scorecard Awarding points for net Best Ball total for the round.
- Note: The system starts with the lowest handicap, "8" in this case, and subtracts from the other handicaps to award strokes (+'s).
- James Wood has the lowest handicap; therefore he receives zero (0) strokes, Tom receives (9-8=1) one stroke, John receives (11-8=3) three strokes, and James Miller receives (10-8=2) two strokes.
- In this example, Team 01 scored a net best ball total round equal to 34. Team 11 scored a new best ball total round equal to 30; therefore Team 11 wins the round and earns 1.0 point.