To begin, make sure you are on event #1 in your League Manager Desktop Software.
You will find the Point Calculation Parameters by clicking on Setup from the header menu.
STEP 1 - View Tab 2 Player Vs. Player:
Remove the default "1" points per hole. Set to zero (0).
- Make sure there are no other points awarded on Tab 2. Zero (0) out any additional points; if shown.
- Notice the gray box at the bottom of the image; it should read zero (0) until you have entered all your point parameters.
Step 2 - Make sure there are no other points on tabs 3.
Step 3 - Tab 4 Best Ball Competition
- For demonstration purposes, we are awarding 1 point per match to team "for most holes won".
- In case of a tie, points are divided in half.
Step 4 - Confirm there are no points loaded in Tab 5 or Tab 6.
Step 5 - View Tab 7 Other:
- Make sure your Type of Play radio button is set to play head to head.
- Click the Finish button to save your settings.
Step 6 - Setting the correct option in Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Make sure you are viewing event #1.
- From the Setup menu, click Handicap Calculation Parameters
- Click the OK check mark at the lower right corner of the Setup Wizard.
- On Tab 1, as shown in the image below make sure your radio button is set to B. One Player versus Many then click the Next button.
- Click the Next button again and click the Finished button to save this setting.
ADDENDUM: The Scorecard Awarding points for Best Ball with the parameter most holes won.
- The system starts with the lowest handicap, "9" in this case,
and subtracts this from the other handicaps to award strokes (+'s), essentially bringing the lowest handicap player to "scratch".
- James Wood has the lowest handicap; therefore he receives
zero (0) strokes, Tom Wisenbaugh receives (11-9=2) two strokes, John
Moar receives (13-9=4) four strokes, James Miller receives (12-9=3)
- Example A: Behind the scenes the system is selecting the best ball (net score) for each team and comparing to the other team's on each hole. Teams split a hole when their net best ball is the same.
- Example B: Team #11 is awarded 1 point for best ball team total "most holes won".