To begin, make sure you are on event #1 in your League Manager Desktop Software.
You will find the Point Calculation Parameters by clicking on Setup menu.
STEP 1 - View Tab 2. Player vs Player
- Delete the "1" from the points per hole box. This is a default. Type "0" (zero).
- Click Next to advance to Tab 3.
Step 2 - View Tab 3 Team vs Team
- Note: in this team aggregate competition, we compare the total team net scores of the two opposing teams. The total team net score is the aggregate or sum of the team member net scores for the round [i.e., Team 1 Player 1 (31) + Team 1 Player 2 (32), or 63 versus Team 11 Player 1 (29) + Team 11 Player 2 (31) or 60]. (These scores can be seen at the bottom of this article on the scorecard image.)
- In this example we have chosen to award 5 points to the team with the best net score for the match. Enter your points to be won in the middle box circled in red.
- In the event of a tie, points are divided evenly.
- Notice the middle box gives you an additional option. You may select to have your team scores based on the lowest "x" out of "y" total round net scores. In our two-person team example, we will use both team member scores and add Player 1 and 2 total net scores for the round together to arrive at the total team net score for the round.
Step 3 - Make sure there are no other points entered on tabs 4 through 6.
Step 4 - View Tab 7 Other:
- Make sure your Type of Play radio button is set to play head to head.
- Click the Finish button to save your settings.
Step 5 - Setting the correct option in Handicap Calculation Parameters.
- Make sure you are viewing event #1.
- On the Setup menu, click Handicap Calculation Parameters
- Click the OK check mark at the lower right corner of the first page
of the Setup Wizard on the first page. This will advance you to the
screen that looks like the image below.
- As shown in the image below, make sure your radio button is set to A. Player vs Player then click the Next button, Next button, and Finish button. This will save your settings.
The scorecard will show strokes in black, play will occur and the team net scores will be compared.
- The system will add team 01 net scores together to develop an aggregate: 63
- The system will add team 11 net scores together to develop an aggregate: 60
- The lowest aggregate team score for the round is 60; team 11 wins and is awarded 5 points.